“Our Children’s Academy is dedicated to facilitating each child’s maximum independence, communicative abilities and academic skills by using innovative programs that combine an educational and medical model.”
Our Children’s Academy is located at 555 Burn Avenue, Lake Wales.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Thursday: 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
There is no cost to families to attend. Costs are covered by the Florida State Department of Education and billing the child’s Medicaid or private insurance for therapy/counseling services. Children are afforded more intensive therapy services when a third party payer is available. Funds raised through grants, events and outright donations help to support excellence at Our Children’s and have enabled a number of opportunities such as:
- Keyboards for Music Classes
- A Wheelchair Accessible Playground
- UV covers to provide shade for the children
- Handicap Accessible Buses
- Therapeutic Horse Riding & Hippotherapy
- Augmentative Communication Devices
- Computers, Technology and Specialized Curriculum
- A Science and Sensory Garden
- A portico at the entrance to protect the children during inclement weather
Transportation to the Academy can also be arranged. Three busses make stops at several locations throughout Polk County. Busses are handicap accessible.
Before Care and Aftercare
Our Children’s offers early morning drop-off starting at 7AM and aftercare till 6PM for a reasonable charge.